Yo from Vancouver!

Introduce Yourself Here.
Mosobot64

Yo from Vancouver!

Post by Mosobot64 »

Hello hello, folks!

I’m a diagnosed autistic-an artist and barista from Vancouver! I do stuff under this username in lots of places-notably I recently started a TikTok to show art process videos, lil animations and simple Starbucks drinks.

In general being autistic has had a pretty large impact on my social skills. I can’t network as well as most people which is why I have a barista job instead of the animation job I trained for (well, among other things). I also don’t have a tonne of friends but the few friends I do have are nice n close.

Also, personally I don’t like Autism Speaks and I prefer using a cool prism symbol to the puzzle piece. But I’m going to try not to get on people’s case about that. I don’t think Hans Asperger was a Nazi though and I will fight pretty hard for people with that diagnosis to be able to keep it.

Anyhoo, that’s all for now. Have a good day lovelies!
Thomas
Administrator

Re: Yo from Vancouver!

Post by Thomas »

There is a lot of confusion and misinformation out there about whether Asperger was a nazi or not. It is difficult to sort through it all.

My own understanding is he wasn't a nazi himself, but he was a nazi sympathizer. He supported them.

That interpretation on my part is subject to change pending further evidence one way or the other. Either way, telling people you have Asperger's Syndrome if indeed that is what you were diagnosed with does not in any way make one a nazi. All you are doing is speaking truth of a diagnosis.
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
About Thomas
http://www.thomasamckean.com
https://www.facebook.com/thomasamckean
birdshell

Re: Yo from Vancouver!

Post by birdshell »

Hello,Mosobot64! Welcome, and I hope you will come to chat. I have learned a lot here, in the previous incarnation.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Karen