Hello

Introduce Yourself Here.
Gwenr4

Hello

Post by Gwenr4 »

Just wanted to say hi. I am have been looking for a safer place to be on. I hope to learn a lot and hopefully make some friendships along the way. I have a almost 3 year old son, that is suspected to be autistic. And most likely on the more severe end. His developmental age is between 7 months and 18 months of age. I have 4 kids in total. Ages 21.5, 18.5, 6.5 and almost 3. I am almost 37. It’s really nice to meet y’all.

I’m actually super afraid to post this. I’m afraid I’ll get in trouble because of how I’m wording things and because I’m talking about his developmental age and the severity. I don’t know what’s ok and what isn’t. I have a degenerative neurological disorder and this is just hard. I have gotten in trouble for not properly wording things on fb. I hope I have not offended anyone. I promise I didn’t mean to.

Edited to add: I am also suspected to have autism. I have some physical and mental disabilities. My son and I are very very close and are alike in numerous ways. He is nonverbal and struggles to communicate in nonverbal ways. He is most usually super happy, sweet and loving. He just shows it in a different way. He doesn’t like to be touched or held. At one time, I didn’t think he loved me. But after watching him, I seen how he showed love. He leans his head forward and wants me to lean over and touch heads. That’s how he says I love you. I have to watch ppls facial expressions and body language or I won’t understand what they are saying or what’s going on. So I was able to see this before the rest of our family and I taught them to see it. All of my kids have things going on, I can’t think of the right word. I think my daughter (6.5 yrs old) shows signs of being autistic or add. I have add, among other things. I’m sorry for rambling. I just wanted ppl to understand. I’m sorry.
Thomas
Administrator

Re: Hello

Post by Thomas »

Developmental age and severity is why we are here. Neurointegrity doesn't hide from the reality of these things.

So no - you aren't in trouble.
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
About Thomas
http://www.thomasamckean.com
https://www.facebook.com/thomasamckean
Gwenr4

Post by Gwenr4 »

Oh ok, thank you. I thought that’s what I had read when I seen this but I wasn’t sure. I’m sorry. I have issues and I’m always afraid of doing something wrong. I’m sorry
Thomas
Administrator

Post by Thomas »

Don't be sorry. It's fine. Really. Take a breath. You're still here.
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
About Thomas
http://www.thomasamckean.com
https://www.facebook.com/thomasamckean
Gwenr4

Post by Gwenr4 »

Thank you so much 😊
birdshell

Post by birdshell »

Hello, and welcome. You are fine. We are all here to learn from each other, so no worries.

I was here previously in the prior incarnation. I know Thomas will keep this a safe place.

I hope to chat with you more.

Karen
Gted87

Post by Gted87 »

Don't be afraid to talk about things in here. This is where you can speak about these things and also speak to autsitic adults but won't be bashed for saying a wrong wording.
My daughter has severe autism and on paper a moderate I'd. We don't think this is accurate at this moment however and rhinknit may be mild or no I'd but definatly no doubt about the severe autism. It affects her understanding of language. That is delayed but being taught now and learning which is great. But she can read and spell simple words. 😁. She struggles to communicate alot we used pecs and then her words started to come and she can now say everything that her pictures did so teaching her all the communication words etc. I'm here if you ever want to unload or whine or just get advise. I selected for 7 years that is as autistic before I even had my daughter and was officially diagnosed last year.