Hello!

Introduce Yourself Here.
Gatesclanofco

Hello!

Post by Gatesclanofco »

Hi everyone!

I’m Laura from Colorado.

I was diagnosed autistic and with an anxiety disorder two years ago and both of my sons were diagnosed at the beginning of this year. We also highly suspect my husband is autistic but we can’t afford to seek his diagnosis right now and are saving for it.

My oldest son is autistic, adhd, and is highly gifted in several areas. He is seven and he will be starting third grade schoolwork in the fall. He loves math, engineering, and World War 2 history.

My youngest son is almost five and is autistic and has a speech disorder (but now that he is talking he loves to strike up conversations with people about his favorite subjects). He is learning to read now and will be starting kindergarten in the fall.

My husband and I are indie filmmakers in our “free time” and we are hugely involved in our local church ministry. He works to produce virtual events with film and virtual town hall type events during his daytime job. I homeschool the boys. Before we had kids I was a teacher and I worked as a Paraoptometric.

I am so glad to find a community that will actually be kind and supportive instead of all of the awful bullying that has taken over most of the social media websites these days!